Re: Change to .com/.net behavior

  • From: Ross Wm. Rader
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 15:39:53 2003

On 9/17/2003 1:55 PM Paul Vixie noted that:

but this is not sufficient justification to warrant a demand by you of your
customers that they install a patch (what if they don't run bind?) or that
they configure delegation-only for particular tld's (which ones and why not
others?)
I was with you up to this point. Behaviorally speaking, what Dave is doing is no different, in my mind, than what Verisign did when they rolled out their required upgrade this week. At least Dave's customers have the option of applying his "required upgrade" whereas those that don't are forced into Verisign's worldview.

It all works both ways - or should at least. This, as you pointed out in your "expectations" post is a big part of the "problem" we are trying to sort out.

--

-rwr