Re: Change to .com/.net behavior

  • From: Kandra Nygårds
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 14:31:54 2003

From: <[email protected]>

> > While I too am outraged by the actions of Verisign, I've decided to NOT
> > modify my servers in any way.
> > I might decide to block the sitefinder IP, but I will not change my
> > nameservers into modifying DNS responses. Doing so would be to break
things,

> *You* cannot modify DNS responses, but it's okay for Verisign to do so?

No. However they are NOT modifying DNS responses. The responses are
perfectly valid results of having a wildcard in the zone.

The thing is, they have decided to make ALL second level domains in the com
and net zones exist, regardless of wether they are registred or not. This is
a policy breakage that I'm not pleased with at all.

It is, however, very important to realise the difference between breaking
policy and breaking technology.

- Kandra