Re: BIND 9 (Re: ISC Patches)

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 14:05:17 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Paul Vixie wrote:

: works fine here.  bind9[....]  try it, you'll like it.

As the poster originally asking ISC about a patch for BIND8 on this list:

I overcame my fear (probably exacerbated by prior talk about how pthreads
were so "important" to bind9, and I'm on a pthreads-less system) and
installed it today with only a couple config twiddles.  I don't think I'm
going back either.  :-P

(Although I noticed that NetBSD's pkgsrc version of bind9 doesn't install
the HTML docs, which are now required in order to understand named.conf
changes.  I'll probably submit a change request for that.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]>