BIND 9 (Re: ISC Patches)

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 13:50:47 2003

> > I know you aren't favorable to doing the work internally to ISC, but
> > has anyone scoped out the effort involved in backporting this to BIND
> > 8?

it's under consideration now.  bind8 is not a priority for the bind forum,
and isc would rather put it in feature-freeze, but we're looking into it.
bind9's internals make "delegation-only" easy to implement.  bind8's
internals are pretty twisty.

> I'm interested in that as well (BIND 9 as a recursive server on Tru64
> doesn't work in my experience),

works fine here.  bind9 is what f-root runs, and also all of our recursive
servers, some of which are tru64.  try it, you'll like it.

> but I would suggest any discussion about that move over to the BIND list
> or the USENET gateway comp.protocols.dns.bind.

agreed, other than to clear up the above in the same forum where it was heard.
--
Paul Vixie