Re: relays.osirusoft.com

  • From: Chris Woodfield
  • Date: Tue Sep 16 18:11:37 2003

Title: Re: relays.osirusoft.com

IIRC, it was Ron Guilmette who did this for a BL zone he was operating a long time ago,
but it happened six months or so after he had deactivated the zone and was still
getting numerous queries for it. So he reactivated the zone, answering 127.0.0.2 for
every query, to get those people to stop. He also posted his intentions to SPAM-L
and NANAE at least a few weeks in advance. Still a BOFHish move, but at least there was
plenty of warning.

-C