Patching BIND (Re: What *are* they smoking?)

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Tue Sep 16 01:35:09 2003

PWG> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:40:33 -0400
PWG> From: Patrick W. Gilmore

PWG> Anyone wanna patch BIND such that replies of that IP addy
PWG> are replaced with NXDOMAIN?  That solves the web site and
PWG> the spam problem, and all others, all at once.

I'd actually go for keeping the A RR for '*.net.' and '*.com.' in
an authoritative NS's cache.  If any other A RR matches the
cached IP address(es), nuke the RRSet and replace with NXDOMAIN.

Until then, I guess it's time to null route and check for
circumvention.  Is AS30060 used for anything legitimate?

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita