RE: 92 Byte ICMP Blocking Problem

  • From: Mark Segal
  • Date: Mon Sep 15 14:03:53 2003

When I checked last week 1 in 4 packets was an ICMP message, so we rate
limited ICMP ECHO and ICMP ECHO-REPLY messages.. And it only bugged PING'ers
and windows traceroute users..  All those low memory alarms are now no
longer plaguing our NMS.

Mark

--
Mark Segal
Director, Network Planning

Futureway Communications Inc. is now FCI Broadband