Re: 92 Byte ICMP Blocking Problem

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Sat Sep 13 23:19:29 2003

That's really weird.  I've been running with

route-map nachiworm permit 10
 match ip address nachilist
 match length 92 92
 set interface Null0

ip access-list extended nachilist
 permit icmp any any echo
 permit icmp any any echo-reply

ip policy route-map nachiworm

on transit interfaces and the virtual-templates of all our access servers
that can do it properly (just blocking echo/echo-reply on the older ones
that can't do the policy) and haven't heard about any customer complaints
other than "I can't ping" in the places where we've blocked all
echo/echo-reply.  The routers doing this (7200/7500)'s are all running
12.2(1-3)S.  Access servers are running mostly 12.1M or 12.2XB code.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, William Devine, II wrote:

> I had the exact same problem.  As soon as I turned it on, within minutes I
> had customers calling that could no longer FTP into Win2k servers and some
> that couldn't SSH into their Linux servers.
> I've since turned it off as well.
> Are there any other known ways to block this?

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |