Re: Alert to Phone/Pager System

  • From: Shon Elliott
  • Date: Thu Sep 11 18:41:28 2003

Alan,

Try QPAGE.

ciao.
Shon Elliott
Systems Engineer;
OptiGate Networks, Inc.

Allan Liska wrote:

I am looking for a hardware/software solution to a problem and I am hoping someone has implemented something similar:

A monitoring system notices an error and sends an alert to a system (the alert can be sent over POTS or SMTP). The system recevies the alert and sends out a message (Pager/POTS/SMTP/SMS) to a group of people in a pager rotation. The 1st person is paged, if no response is received the second person is paged and so on down the line until someone responds.

I looked at the Dialogic's The Communicator:

http://www.dccusa.com/products.html

But, it is a little pricey. I also looked at VOCP System:

http://www.vocpsystem.com/

But, the desision maker is a little skittish about open source projects.

Does anyone know of a happy medium between these two systems that will fill the requirements outlined above?

Thanks!

allan