Re: What were we saying about edge filtering?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Sep 06 21:47:03 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Jack Bates wrote:
> I know this is easily done with vendor C. I suspect that the other
> vendors have implemented something very similar (heard J was easier than C).

"Neglecting gravity and friction, it is trivial to show that..."

The issues with vendor C, J, N, L, R, P and A through Z have been
repeatedly discussed and are available in the archives should anyone care
to do the research. It is also a mistake to assume that all network
architectures are the same as yours, or that your architecture would
scale to solve the problems other network providers need to solve.

The use of source address validation is expanding.  Unfortunately SAV's
effectiveness is declining due to the increase of trojan bots.