Re: What were we saying about edge filtering?

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sat Sep 06 14:25:05 2003

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

keep in mind its not destination addresses that are the problem here, BUT
True, but there is RPF checks based on routing. anything routed to NULL0 is generally treated by such filters as an invalid route and will discard the packet of any source address from such a route.

Setting up BGP peers internally and applying route policies to null route the routes received from the bogon peers would allow for easily invalidating the routes and dropping packets which supposably originate from them.

I know this is easily done with vendor C. I suspect that the other vendors have implemented something very similar (heard J was easier than C).

-Jack