Re: What were we saying about edge filtering?

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Sep 04 13:58:09 2003

Sean Donelan wrote:

It gets even worse. Cisco has hard-coded the list of Bogons into some of
its latest low-end IOS versions as part of its "auto-secure" feature.
Yes, Cisco includes warnings in the manual the user should check the
official list at IANA; but I also know the power of defaults. People
upgrade their IOS versions even less often then they update their
Windows boxes. So we're going to see chunks of the net blocked depending
on the release date of versions of IOS.

There is an old saying which seems to fit here;

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Pete