Re: What do you want your ISP to block today?

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Wed Sep 03 16:24:09 2003

Johannes Ullrich wrote:

Well, if '100%' includes all the garbage traffic generated by the
worm d'jeur. On my home cable modem connection, about 80% of the
packets hitting my firewall are 'junk'. Maybe I would be able
to actually share files unencrypted using MSFT file sharing. If I can
manage to inject the necessary traffic between all the Nachia Pings and
Blaster scans.

Once upon a time there was a proposal for a protocol which allowed clients to
push a filter configuration to the edge router to both classify traffic and filter
unneeded things. For reason or another, this supposedly ended in the bit bucket?

Pete