RE: Distributed sniffer products

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Wed Sep 03 15:09:11 2003

OK... I'll leave the XP thing al0wned.

As to the linux solution, why would you bother with VNC rather than just
ssh. Pull the libpcap file back to a local desktop for analysis in ethereal.

Owen

--On Wednesday, September 3, 2003 11:26 AM -0700 Luke Starrett <[email protected]> wrote:

I took a different approach and run a Windows XP machine with multiple
network cards to the segments that I regularly need to sniff.  I use the
remote desktop feature to access the box.  It has one NIC for regular
connectivity, and a couple others that are just used for sniffing.
Others are using cheap linux boxes running ethereal in a similar fashion
using VNC to access the box.

Luke