Re: Automatic shutdown of infected network connections

  • From: Nathan E Norman
  • Date: Wed Sep 03 12:08:24 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:49:24AM -0400, George Capehart wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2003 08:20 am, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 07:39:17AM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Besides, have you ever tried updating an XP system at 56k? It could
> > > literally take days.
> >
> > You may have a point there.
>
> More to the point, why would one subscribe to a cable service to get
> only 56k when they could get better rates from another cable provider
> or DSL?  Defeats the purpose of subscribing to a broadband service.
> Your customers who want high speed service would most likely change
> providers . . .
>
> My $0.02.  I *like* my 250k connection . . .  ;-)

Perhaps you missed the part where Jonathan said this is a config for
customers whose machine has been infected by the virus du jour.  The
conscientious customer gets something quite a bit better than 56k :-)

--
Nathan Norman - Incanus Networking mailto:[email protected]
  A booming voice says, "Wrong, cretin!", and you notice that