Re: Sprint NOC? Are you awake now?

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Tue Sep 02 16:58:36 2003

> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:34:18 -0400
> From: Nenad Pudar <[email protected]>
> Sender: [email protected]
>
> My enviroment is far to be broken my friend.
> This is not question about me or my environoment this question about
> your site ,I can always mange to get such a sites if I want but I am not
> sure that some other people are even awre what the problem is.
> I think that still majority of ipv6 connections is through 6 bone and
> there you do have a latency and
>

> evrybody using the same dns for ipv4 and ipv6 should re-think it over

I think you miss the point. If your system is broken, don't ask the
world to change to accommodate it. Fix your system. If your network
provider does not provide good IPv6 service, ask them to fix their
problems.

I can assure you that the largest part of the world gets to puck via
IPv6 just fine. It's just 4 hops from PAIX in Palo Alto. (I might
mention that there is no PTR record for
2001:418:3f4:0:2a0:24ff:fe83:53d8.)

If you are the only sane person, it's most likely that you are wrong
about being sane. That is not certain, but you probably won't get a
lot of support from all the crazy people.

It's also really time to start getting away form the 6bone. It does
not provide very optimal routes and really should be going away some
day. Separate IPv6 and IPv4 names breaks things down the road.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)