Re: Measured Internet good v. "bad" traffic

  • From: Omachonu Ogali
  • Date: Sun Aug 31 18:58:21 2003

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 03:44:00PM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
> 	If you don't want to, don't accept that traffic. It's just like a store
> stocking Christmas toys. If they don't sell, you're stuck with them. A
> customer will only pay for what he wants, not what you think he should want.

My car gets horrible mileage, therefore, I will only pay for the
amount of gas that SHOULD be used according to the factory sticker,
not the rest burned up by my fuel-inefficient driving methods.

I just rented a truck. A construction detour forced me to put more
mileage on the truck than I intended, therefore, I will only pay for
the mileage that I would have accumulated had there been no detours
due to construction.

No, this is not a store stocking Christmas toys, or a Progressive(tm)
insurance commercial. This is bandwidth.