Re: What do you want your ISP to block today?

  • From: Matthew Palmer
  • Date: Sat Aug 30 21:59:06 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Which Microsoft protocols should ISP's break today?  Microsoft Exchange?
> Microsoft file sharing?  Microsoft Plug & Play?  Microsoft SQL/MSDE?
> Microsoft IIS?

All of the above.  <g>

> > He added that ISPs have the view and ability to prevent en-masse
> > attacks. "All these attacks traverse their networks before they reach
> > you and me. If they would simply stop attack traffic that has been
> > identified and accepted as such, we'd all sleep better," Cooper said.

Bwahahaha.  Ghod I love a good comedian.

Having recently pulped my head against the wall of a "network provider" too
clueless to provision decent IP connectivity, the last thing I want is to
have the ISP unilaterally decide what they're going to do with my packets.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16