Re: Automatic shutdown of infected network connections

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sat Aug 30 12:47:10 2003

Sean Donelan wrote:

How many ISPs disconnect infected computers from the network?  Do you
leave them connected because they are paying customers, and how else
could they download the patch from microsoft?
We disconnect after contact if they remain infected after 72 hours or once we determine contact won't be possible.

User's are responsible for their own computers. We understand that many of them need the service in order to fix their systems. However, a line has to be drawn at some point. I want the 135 blocks removed, and in order to do that, the malicious packets must be reduced to a minimum.

-Jack