Re: Automatic shutdown of infected network connections

  • From: Omachonu Ogali
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 23:47:23 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:44:11PM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
> How many ISPs disconnect infected computers from the network?  Do you
> leave them connected because they are paying customers, and how else
> could they download the patch from microsoft?

Let's see...

* I don't know how many, at minimum, those who receive
  court subpoenas telling them to.

* Do you leave a user connected if they are in violation
  of your AUP and is wreaking havoc on your network and
  other networks?

* Perhaps you could send a disk out? Or set them up in a
  sandbox-type LAN where they can only visit your internal
  disinfection site?