Re: dry pair

  • From: Wayne
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 21:52:47 2003

Austad, Jay wrote:

Does anyone know to go about getting Qwest or a CLEC to patch through a dry
pair between two buildings connected to the same CO?

When I called to order one, no one knew what I was talking about.

-jay

Most of the other responses have covered the various terms to try when ordering this type of ckt. All I can say is good luck. I did this back in 1994 with some HDSL modems from Pairgain and it worked like a charm. (btw, I got the 2 ckts I needed for the connection by ordering 2 "alarm ckts" and then rewiring the separate jacks into a single jack for the modem)

However, this was before the days of mass DSL deployment and CLECs. The local loop is managed a little tighter these days and ILECs are a lot less willing to sell this type of service. As someone else said, even if you can get a sales rep to sell it to you, getting it repaired when it fails will be quite a challenge. Seems like business DSL would be less headache in the long run.

--
Wayne Gustavus