RE: Fun new policy at AOL

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 16:24:34 2003

If you have a shell account on someplace.edu, yes, I agree, that's probably
the best way (and if anyone looks at the headers of this message, that's how
I've been doing SMTP for like three years now... Too lazy to set up SMTP
AUTH somewhere where I'm the admin).

But if you have no shell account, or you're not technologically clueful,
you're still hopeless... So, the conclusion still seems to be that SPF and
such things will break your email, unless
i) SMTP AUTH is available
ii) You're sufficiently clueful (and required things like VPN, SSH, etc are
available) that you can implement a workaround.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
[email protected]