Re: dry pair

  • From: Ray Wong
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 13:12:08 2003

Good luck getting one from anything but and old-bell.  New LECs tend to
think only in terms of the switch side, since the last mile belongs to
the ILEC anyway.  Even the ones that know it don't want to support it,
as they can't do any remote testing when it dies, requiring local
"wire and cable" staff.

Use old-bell terms, "dry pair" is very much a network admin's term.
"alarm circuit," "off-premise extension line," (like if you had your
own PBX and need another office to run off it), "series 1100" line,
or maybe LADS.

--

Ray Wong
[email protected]