Re: Sobig.f surprise attack today

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 16:50:03 2003

Damian Gerow wrote:

Or potentially an artifact of wanting more IP space from ARIN, as opposed to

assigning a static IP to every user we have, even the ones that are only
connected for about an hour a month. But hey, that's just a minor detail.

Sorry for momentarily phasing to our local la-la-land where the address space used by always-on
connections has passed the dialup ones a few years ago. Dialup users also cannot generate any
significant DDoS traffic even if combined by a factor of 10000.

Pete