RE: Fun new policy at AOL

  • From: Jay Stewart
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 13:49:54 2003

I think the inherent mantra and wise philosophy that gets tossed out the
window by AOL in this policy change is "be strict in what you send, and
liberal in what you accept".

I'll gladly publish my dialup loozer list in a voluntary RBL so that
other sites won't be forced to accept mail from hit and run spammers,
but broadband connected users should have the right to run their own
SMTP, and I don't trust AOL to be able to determine one from the other.

Plus, it would be much better to fix SMTP once and for all than to
create an e-mail schema that would allow Ashcroft and his gang of
wrinkly re-hashed reaganite hawks any access to data that they could use
to further violate individual citizen's privacy.

Jay Stewart

"You can't enslave a free man, the most you can do is kill him." -
Robert Anson Heinlein