Re: Fun new policy at AOL

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 13:17:12 2003

In article <[email protected]>, Matthew
Crocker <[email protected]> writes

>There is no reason for a customer to have direct access to the net

Unless that's what they thought "Internet Access" was all about :-(

>so long as
>the ISP can provide appropriate proxies for the services required.
>It gets complex, it gets hard to manage

And why do we know this? Because people doing this aren't 100%
successful at it.

Not to mention all the reconfiguration issues as the customer moves from
provider to provider. Either when they fall out with the provider (which
gives him every incentive to assist the departing customer ... not) or
if they are a mobile user (I often hop daily between approximately three
providers).
--
Roland Perry