Re: relays.osirusoft.com

  • From: Nathan J. Mehl
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 13:39:34 2003

In the immortal words of Richard Welty ([email protected]):

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:25:46 -0700 (PDT) "Gary E. Miller" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > returning 127.0.0.2 for everything would be an ugly way to bow out.
>
> yes, but it's been done before.

And oddly enough, it was a terrible idea the first time, and hasn't
gotten any better in the intervening months.  I suppose going down in
a blaze of glory might be appealing in the sleep-deprived haze of the
tail end of a multi-week DDOS attack, but PLEASE.  Null-route the
netblock and be done with it.  Returning 127.0.0.2 for every query
does NOTHING but convince more people that volunteer blacklist
providers like SPEWS are more trouble than they're worth.

-n

"Must I pray in Hebrew?" No, and wipe that look of terror off your face.
Fluency in Hebrew, of course, is vital to the proper understanding of Israeli
truck driver insults.     (--David Bader, "How to Be an Extremely Reform Jew")