Re: Opinion on null0'ing entire 218.0.0.0?

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue Aug 26 10:56:18 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> > Is anyone getting hundreds of thousands of spasm a day from 218.0.0.0 like I
> > am? Has anyone actually considered null routing the whole block?
> >
> > Is there actually any 'users' in APNIC space? Or is it all spam from korea?
>
> Korea has one of the highest ratio of broadband connected households in
> the world (if not the highest).

That would explain the incredibly large number of open proxies in 218/8.

Drew, I don't think you're being spammed by Koreans...at least not
directly by the ones delivering the spam to you.  You're more likely just
being spammed via open proxies that happen to be Korean.

It's your network...do what your customers will let you get away with.
How many Korean customers might you have that will be pissed when they
find they can't exchange email with family and friends in Korea?  There's
one sure way to find out.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |