Re: Lazy Engineers and Viable Excuses

  • From: Haesu
  • Date: Mon Aug 25 19:10:16 2003

Hey,

You ARE correct. If everyone employs IRR and put explicit filters everywhere,
it'd be the perfect world..

I don't consider this  as lazy. I'd rather consider it as efficiency.
 Managing a filter list on one or a few route-servers rather than an
AS with hundred edge routers is so much time saving and less humanerror-prone.

IRR is great, and it should be used to maximum extent as possible. I've seen
people filtering accordingly to IRR properly, and also seen people creating
their own manageable applications that work beatifully on  *nix boxes.

Announcing filtering list over BGP inside an AS would be efficient management
to an extent however...

-hc

--
Sincerely,