Re: Sobigf + BGP

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Sun Aug 24 06:54:34 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, guy wrote:

> > 'vuln'dev', and besides I wouldn't think that any
> > one here would do something malicious with any idea
> > that actually worked for the worse.
>
> Assuming that everyone subscribed to the list has the best of intentions,
> what about people that can scan the publicly accessible archives? Or even
> the search engines that have nanog archives indexed? There's nothing wrong
> with kicking ideas like this around with the intention of coming up with a
> strategy on how to combat them, but perhaps a more discreet forum would be
> appropriate?

There are a lot more people subscribed to the list than you actually see
posting, I'm sure many of them are representatives of the l33t h4x0r community..

My impression of most of these people is that they are very clever, and unless
you post something here that is really brilliant thinking the chances are these
guys can come up with most of the ideas themselves.

Steve