Re: Cisco OC-3c card question

  • From: neal rauhauser
  • Date: Fri Aug 22 22:12:57 2003

 PA-POS for OC3-c can be pretty expensive - $3000 or so. If you don't
mind the cell tax the PA-A1-OC3 are only $500 or so but I'm not sure if
they ever made a VXR model of this card. The PA-A3-OC3 are about $1000.

  The difference between the PA-A1 and PA-A3, besides the possible
VXR/non VXR bus issue, is that the PA-A1s have less ability to handle
queueing on a per VC basis - not an issue at all if you're just looking
for cheap cards.

  I did a little searching after writing the above ... looks like the
PA-A1-OC3 is a non VXR 600 mbit bus only card, while the PA-A3-OC3 was
built for the 600 mbit standard and gigabit VXR bus boxes.