RE: Sobig.f surprise attack today

  • From: Vachon, Scott
  • Date: Fri Aug 22 14:53:00 2003

>OK... Maybe I'm smoking crack here, but, if they have the list of 20
>machines,wouldn't it make more sense to replace them with honey-pots that download
>code to remove SOBIG instead of just disabling them?

Only if we make assumptions that what they state is 100% fact and the whole truth of the matter. They know of 20 but, who is to say a variant in the wild doesn't know of 20 more ? Or 100 more ? Too late anyway. My other list subscriptions show it active now ...

~S~

Disclaimer: my own 2 cents.

Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at www.paymentech.com
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.