RE: Email virus protection

  • From: Todd Mitchell - lists
  • Date: Wed Aug 20 14:15:52 2003

Of
| Christopher J. Wolff
| Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:51 PM
| To: [email protected]
| Subject: Email virus protection
|

| Hello,
|
| What is the most common method for providing virus protection for your
| hosted email customers?  Thank you in advance.

We filter the normal "bad attachment stuff" right off the bat:

ad[ep]|ba[st]|chm|cmd|com|cpl|crt|eml|exe|hlp|hta|in[fs]|isp|jse?|lnk|md
[be]|ms[cipt]|pcd|pif|reg|scr|sct|shs|url|vb[se]|ws[fhc]

and as we see fit, we add system wide filters for specific viruses,
trojans, etc.  Customers are notified when additional filters are
added/removed.

Todd