RE: Rules and Regs for a LEC's and Non LEC's

  • From: McBurnett, Jim
  • Date: Tue Aug 19 18:44:39 2003

-RBOCs (note, not ILECs) cannot move inter-lata traffic without being
-approved by PUC in each state for "interstate long distance". (I believe
-this is part of 1984 MFJ).

-CLECs have no restrictions on that. Neither do non-CLEC ISPs.

---alex

I thought this only applied to VOICE traffic.
AS far as I know Internet access traffic is non-regulated.
I used to work at a CLEC and we never worried about PUC
complaints on an Internet access level of service.
now if the T-1 level was down, that was a different story.

-J