Re: East Coast outage?

  • From: alex
  • Date: Sun Aug 17 15:23:54 2003

> > > And solar nor wind are good for base energy production so we´re stuck
> > > with other methods unless you want to move IP packets only when it´s
> > > windy.
> >
> > Or you store excess power generated on windy/sunny days for later
> > distribution on calm/rainy days:
> > http://www.tva.gov/sites/raccoonmt.htm
> >
> > That still ignores tidal, hydro, and geothermal power, which are
> available
> > 24x7.  And let's not forget ethanol, which is easy to make from excess
> food
> > crops and has already replaced gasoline entirely in a few countries.
>

> Use hydrogen. One solar panel (which will last forever unless you drop
> something on it) can split H2O into H and O.

Sure, burn energy to store it.

> Store the H for windless days
> or at night.

Burn energy here as well.

> Feed this to a turbine for electricity and recover heat for hot
> water, store it in a heat sink, ect.

Burn energy.

> Or feed the H into a fuel cell &
> strip off the electron volts.

Burn energy.

> Now a home user can produce  wattage to
> supply power for his neighbors.

Release energy.

> The amount of power to be had via these
> hydrogen processes is huge.

Release energy.

> The by-products of this are water and Oxygen.

Release energy.

> The only problem is that the Oil men are in charge. They want to pipe NG
> to houses and have us crack NG into hydrogen. Cut the cord !

So let us use N J to let us release M J, where N is significantly greater
than M. What a brilliant concept. When someone starts actively doing it,
please remind me the name of the company so I can short it all the way to
zero. Thanks god that the oil people are in charge.

Alex

P.S. The problem with ethanol is the same - the total amount of energy
needed to crate useful fuel is greater than the amount of energy it
generates.