Re: MPLS ICMP Extensions

  • From: Marc Binderberger
  • Date: Sun Aug 17 05:42:35 2003

As far as I remember we have seen labels from other providers, until they turned on the "traceroute hide". And there was no LDP coupling between them and us so ... . That was with Cisco in both networks.

The question is if these information cause any problem for you - despite curious customers asking ;-)

The labels seem to be allocated from a start value - usually 20, 1024, 4096 or such, depending on your system, OS version - in an incremental order, so guessing labels isn't that difficult. If your network accepts labels although it shouldn't then the extra information in ICMP doesn't really make things worse anymore.

Marc