Re: microsoft.com

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Fri Aug 15 19:45:58 2003

Crist Clark wrote:
Some news outlets are reporting this is actually Microsoft's plan,

  http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5064433.html

I'm sure Microsoft is aware that many networks are severly pissed off about the extra overhead they are enduring because of this worm. I think my helpdesk said, "Fry 'em." While we'll continue monitoring and cleaning up systems scanning for infections, the DOS side of the worm and variants is rather tame and will be allowed through so long as it meets standard egress/ingress policy. I just can't see a bunch of already employee starved networks devoting more resources just to save Microsoft from their own vulnerability.

-Jack