Re: East Coast outage?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Aug 15 17:21:33 2003

On Friday, 15 August 2003, at 15:34PM, Rich Casto wrote:

I wonder how much of the understanding and "100 years experience" of
building power distribution networks is based on the fact that
affordable, distributed, small-scale power generation is not possible,
mandating large-scale, centralised generation and correspondingly
complicated transmission. Perhaps the power generation problem needs
the attention of a fresh set of eyes.
You wrote "fact" when you should have written "assumption".
It was a fact at some point. That it's not a fact any more is exactly my point.

Joe