RE: MSBlast CLI scanner (unix)?

  • From: Ingevaldson, Dan (ISS Atlanta)
  • Date: Fri Aug 15 16:56:45 2003

David-

There is no reliable way to detect if a computer is infected with
blaster without logging into it and looking for the reg key or the
executable.  The backdoors (tftp and 4444) are not permanent.  ISS
X-Force released a great scanner for the vulnerability itself.  It does
two different checks to see if a box is patched, and it will detect the
difference between a machine that has DCOM disabled or if it is patched.
It's available here:

http://www.iss.net/support/product_utilities/ms03-026rpc.php

Regards,
Daniel Ingevaldson