Re: 60 Hudson?

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Fri Aug 15 12:26:40 2003

On 2003-08-15-09:49:38, "Temkin, David" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone know what the status of 60 Hudson in NYC is?  We're
> waiting for Yipes to come back online and info has been hard to come
> by..

60 Hudson doesn't have a house generator, and has been without utility
power since yesterday.  Some tenants (like Tel-x) have their own
generation capabilities, some (like Keyspan) don't -- prohibiting
factors being some combination of pigheaded laws, lack of space,
economic constraints, and noise-sensitive neighbors and community
groups.  Nobody ever said locating a carrier hotel in TriBeCa was the
smartest idea. [1] ;)

On a related note, 25 Broadway (TELEHOUSE "Broadway Center") has been
on generator power since around 4.15PM EST yesterday, and hasn't
reported any customer-impacting outages.  NYIIX took a slight dive:

  http://www.nyiix.net/mrtg/sum/sum.html

...presumably because folk backhaul their traffic (and in some cases,
layer 2!) to outside facilities without power.

-a

[1] <http://www.downtownexpress.com/DE_11/tribecadieseldispute.html>,
    <http://www.tribecatrib.com/newsjuly03/fuel_storage.htm>