Re: BGP route tracking.

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 23:44:35 2003

Hi, Mark.

] Anybody watching the bgp routing table.. I see about 5,000 less routes than
] usual.   Anybody know a good pointer..

I'm seeing a decrease of 3510 prefixes.  There is a bit of churn,
though things are reasonably calm overall.

   Total prefix count:
   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/robbgp01.html>

   Prefix delta:
   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/deltapref.html>

Other bits of critical infrastructure seem to be unimpacted.

   Root server response:
   <http://www.cymru.com/DNS/dns.html>

   com/net gTLD server response:
   <http://www.cymru.com/DNS/gtlddns-cn.html>

Interestingly enough, some of the error conditions in the global
table have decreased.

   Prefixes with inconsistent-as:
   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/incon01.html>

Others have not:

   Bogus ASN leakage:
   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/asnbogusrep.html>

] (im just getting bored waiting for us to run out of fuel)

Hang in there!  I hope the power is restored to everyone soon.  If
there is anything I or Team Cymru can do to assist, don't hesitate
to ping on us.

Thanks,
Rob.
--