Re: Death of IPv6 Site-Local (was Re: Private port numbers?)

  • From: Jeremy T. Bouse
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 23:10:51 2003

	The IETF IPNG WG home page can be found at:
		http://playground.sun.com/ipng

	The decision regarding site-local was made during the San
Francisco IETF meeting and then later confirmed on the mailing lists
although there has been quite some debate over it all since then. IIRC
the SF IETF meeting was in April which would have been before 3513. The
WG is still trying to nail everything down as there are a number of
I-D's out but still some are calling for SL to be included to some
degree thus none have been able to work their way to becoming an RFC.

	If you have nothing to do for a couple days reading through the
hundreds of posts regarding SL can definately kill the time...

	Regards,
	Jeremy