RE: How much longer..

  • From: St. Clair, James
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 09:28:33 2003

 I've lived in the UK, and never had a license to maintain or update the
engine.

Additionally, I could drive on the M1 or M5 at speeds rarely found in the
US, certainly not legally. You don't get any additional training to do this
- its implied in your licensing.

The "computers as cars" analogy applies to commoditization of a utility. The
message is 99% of the world's computer users (private and otherwise) view
their PC/laptop as a "gadget" like their phone or TV. They plug it in, they
turn it on, it works. That is what the expect and is all they will
culturally accept. Placing the burden on the user will not work.