Re: Port blocking last resort in fight against virus

  • From: Robert Raszuk
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 03:06:19 2003

Sean, All

Watching this thread I can't resist a question if ISPs would see any use
for automated propagation of information to be filtered/blocked to all
of their (and possibly) neighbours border routers ?

I am sure you have noticed my & Pedro's recent draft:
draft-marques-idr-flow-spec-00.txt

Just checking for possible feedback of interested ISPs if any on this
one ... The example listed in the draft is targeted to address DDoS, but
the concept is equally applicable to virus fights as well.

Thx,
R.