Re: Gigabit Media Converter

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 08:08:40 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> Sounds like you need a singlemode-multimode convertor, available from various
> places, cost around $600

Highly unlikely that it'll do CWDM, at least at that price.

Transmode (www.transmode.se) does converters to order, they'll fix things
that'll do pretty much any to any (850 / 1310 / (1490-1610) in any
combination) including 3R and management (which implies that you need
ethernet onsite which might be tricky).

I'd believe they're more in the $3k-$5k range with CWDM optics though. If
you need OC48 that'll hike the price up even more.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]