Re: RPC errors

  • From: Jim Shankland
  • Date: Mon Aug 11 20:59:13 2003

On the bright side, when double-checking the firewall on my home cable
modem setup, it appears that Comcast here in the SF Bay Area has
started filtering out incoming port 135 SYN packets -- they get
dropped before they hit my firewall.  Thanks, Comcast!

On the not so bright side, I'm getting a steady stream of port 135
SYNs from my fellow Comcast customers (i.e., presumably on my side
of Comcast's filters), which may mean the horses have mostly already
left the barn.

Jim Shankland