RE: RPC errors

  • From: Mike Damm
  • Date: Mon Aug 11 18:21:29 2003

According to Symantec it doesn't know if the system has already been
infected until it is running on the target machine, at which point the RPC
crash is imminent. It shouldn't re-infect, but further attempts from other
infected hosts will cause random reboots.

On the plus side this one will be much easier to clean up than CodeRed,
Nimda, etc. Random J. Clueless might actually look for patches if his box is
rebooting on a regular basis.

	-Mike

---
Michael Damm, MIS Department, Irwin Research & Development