RE: [[email protected]: answerpointe.cctec.com]

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Sat Aug 09 14:41:38 2003

As the owner of answerpointe, I think it would be a shame to kill it because
it does get a significant number of hits with legitimate searches.
Stripping emails would seem to make it impossible to make inquiries of the
collective knowledge of NANOG. Whether its webcrawling answerpointe or
Ftp'ing the archive from MERIT, the net result is the same.

You also have the sporadic people who say "for whatever reason, I said
something on NANOG I shouldn't have because now that I am unemployed from a
dot bomb, when I try to get a job, they search the web and these stupid
posts I made show up in your archive and can you remove them so I can get a
job???"  I explain to them the concept of an an archive.

Whats the collective voice of NANOG say, keep it or kill it?