Re: Proper Protocol for Dealing with Unresponsive Contacts?

  • From: Will Yardley
  • Date: Tue Aug 05 12:35:24 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:13:25AM -0400, Patrick Muldoon wrote:

> What is the proper way to deal with a company that is unresponsive to
> any form of contact. IE they have outdated information on their ip
> assignments, bounce every piece of e-mail that I send? (including
> [email protected] which is where the bounce message come from).
[...]
> What should my next steps be? My thought is to  go to their upstream
> (AS8112) and try to get contact through them.

That's what I usually try. You might want to first make sure you can't
find a website for the company (which might have newer contact info),
and make sure all the phone numbers are no longer working... looks like
you've already done all that, though.

If they have invalid contact info, you should also contact ARIN so that
they can mark the information as invalid (include a copy of the bounce
messages). Submitting them to rfc-ignorant.org might not be a bad idea
as well.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."