Re: Humidity ranges?

  • From: Jeff Kell
  • Date: Mon Aug 04 23:37:32 2003

Todd Mitchell - lists wrote:

| and when I should
| complain to the datacenter operators? (References I can point to would
| be nice.)

When your equipment starts to rust ;)

I don't have any technical references, but I think that anything over
65% is probably too much.  Most facilities I have equipment in do not
exceed that mark.
It isn't a *huge* issue (within reason) unless you have printers around and the inherent paper. Big lasers are notoriously finicky about humidity, which directly affects the paper quality.

Otherwise, just keep it well below the dewpoint :-)

Jeff